Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Creating a Photo Wall

Pin It
I have a frame obsession.  Anyone who reads my blog knows this!




One of my favorite things to do is create photo walls.  It is an easy and inexpensive way to cover lots of wall space!


Mix and Match your frames for a less "matchy matchy" look. 

I loooove this swirly one.


The chunky edge on this frame is nice.



I have plenty of plain, thin frames to balance out my "fancy" ones!



I love black & white photos, and sepia too.  They have a really classic look.



Before hanging up your frames, lay them out on the floor and play with the arrangement.  Draw yourself a picture of what frame goes where to help you remember what order you want them in.




I created this photo wall going down our hall to cover the colossal amount of wall space we have!
All these frames are the exact same.  I wanted the focus to be on the pictures.

I love standing in our hall and seeing all our fun times!
 

A level and tape measure are you friends when hanging up a lot of frames!  It's worth it to take the time to measure and level the frames.  You will save yourself some frustration (experience speaking!)

I'm linking up at Room to Inspire and Someday Crafts

and the DIY Showoff

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I'm not the only picture frame nut! I have boxes of extra frames:) Your collection in your home looks soooo good...thanks for sharing it!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great decorating idea. I love the different arrangements and can't wait to go hunting for frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a HUGE photo wall fan! My problem is the collecting frames part. I often look at our local thrift store but the frames there are usually JUST the frame, lacking glass and backing. We live in a small town so there aren't many thrift store options, BUT garage sale season has ARRIVED and I am ANXIOUS! =) I will be digging up frames, spray painting and hanging like CRAZY! =)

    Your photo walls are adorable! I'll be looking back on them when I'm ready to create my own! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK-you know how you might see a design idea many times over, but then all of th sudden it clicks??? Hello! I have boo-coos of pictures that I want to frame, but I never thought to do my own photo wall. duh! I am blonde. And I do scope out frames at the thrift stores, but never thought to put two and two together. Add this project to my list! Thanks chica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to do one of these, but I am not brave enough. Yours look beautiful though - maybe I'll give it a try!
    www.attemptingtobecrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to have a photowall. I'm just not sure where it could go in my house! It's not very big! Your walls are beautiful! That arched wall is perfect for a photo wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wall! I havea frame wall in my music corner - just sayings though. I need to plunge in and make onewith photos like yours!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found my Texas-Blogging Gals! Will get you on the next updated list.

    Enjoyed a first visit. I'm from a small town, too. Following.....

    Come see me soon at my personal blog, too, real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and i love your blog!
    I need to tackle a wall frame :)
    Happy new friend friday!
    Gros bisous
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Photo Walls. Stoping by from NFF. Come check out my blog and see how I lost over 200 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I am visiting from New Friend Friday.

    Funnily enough I have been collecting photo frames to do just that, your tip about arranging them on the floor is really useful thank you.

    Have a super Friday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE photo walls. My Mom always had one growing up so maybe I am bias, but your look great. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your picture wall is devine! I really like what you've done. I'm going to follow your blog and see what other great ideas you have that I can copy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just recently bought tons of frames that I got from a rummage sale and thought the colors didn't match, I know Mr. Paint can take care of it. I love what you did with yours. Thanks for the inspiration. I was thinking of doing the same thing, putting all the frames on the wall and make an art out of it some time.. :) Awesome again!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!