Saturday, September 15, 2012

{Modern} Baby Monogram Quilt-Part 2!

Pin It
If you remember this post, you saw the baby quilts I made for some friends!

I wanted to do a modern take on the traditional "baby quilt"




I been REALLY wanting to do a girlie version of this quilt.

Well, I finally got the chance!


I did a gray chevron fabric for the backing and border, and hot pink polka dots!



Here is a close up of the appliqued letters:





And the border:




It was so fun to make!


Click here for the full tutorial!  In the mean time, here are a few tips to get you started.


  • All the letters for the applique were hand cut.  I printed out the letters on paper, traced them on the fabric, and cut them out.  (My Cricut is packed away in a box somewhere!)
  • To quilt the top, I did free motion quilting.  This is my favorite way to quilt; it's fast, and you can do any pattern you want!  Check it out here
  • For the FULL TUTORIAL, click here

Linking up here!

7 comments:

  1. Hi
    Great article once again! Thumbs up! I believe people should acquire a lot from this website its really user pleasant.
    With Best Wishes
    bedroom | sofa | kitchen | bathroom | living room

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous job. I love this idea. I haven't made many quitls, but I am going to try this soon. Coming over from TT&J. I would love for you to link up to my party starting tomorrow, Tip Toe thru Tuesday. I hope to see you there. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are adorable. I absolutely love them. If you don't have an Etsy shop, you should consider it. I think these would be a big hit. You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Such gorgeous quilts. Particularly love the colours of the girlie quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooooooo cute! Both the boy and the girl versions! I wish I could quilt! I should learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this tutorial. Where did you get the fabrics? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. POSITIVE Root Therapy is one of the best Hair Oil brand In market and have trust of , customers and provides services such as best onion oil for hair, at the cheapest prices .

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!